I was lucky enough to be recognized by A Better User Experience as an influential Twitter person to follow when it comes to user experience. I am humbled by this recognition and true to form, I am sharing my recipe to how you can receive this type of acknowledgement.
A while back I made a conscience effort to start communicating information about user experience, SEO, content strategy and accessibility. I had built up a good list of RSS feeds for me and thought it would be nice to share it. I didn’t want to have an auto feed where people would sift through a bunch of articles that may or may not be relevant; I wanted my Twitter and Google+ streams to be useful!
- Get educated in the field you want to focus your brand on.
- Make that your passion at work and outside of work.
- Usability 101 – Know your audience.
- Keep a consistent message in your posts.
- Use content curation to back up your opinion on subject matters.
These things can take your personal brand a long way in social media!